Types of Slip and Fall Accidents
The term slip and fall is specially used for a personal injury case in which someone trips or slips and gets injured due to someone else’s fault. It can happen due to many dangerous situations like poor lighting, torn carpeting, narrow stairs, or wet floor, which can cause someone to slip and fall. There is no clear evidence that someone else is liable for your injury. If you face such a kind of case, you can take the help of personal injury claims in Vermont. Mostly in such cases, you need to prove that it was a dangerous accident and that the property owner knew about the dangerous condition but did not take any steps to rectify it.
What are the types of slip and fall accidents?
- Fallen merchandise and cluttered aisles: The store owners should be aware of stacking the merchandise in aisles and leaving supplies, trash, and equipment on the floor, which can cause a tripping hazard.
- Ice and snow: The managers and the owners should be aware of removing the ice accumulating on the steps, stairs, and sidewalks.
- Wet floors and walkways: It is a vital task of the managers and the property owner to clean the accidental wetness like liquid spills from the broken jar, ice, and snow, puddles of tracked-in rain, etc.
What are the common injuries caused due to slip and fall accidents?
Here are the most common injuries sustained in a slip and fall accident.
- Spinal cord injuries: The injury resulting from a fall can cause slipped and herniated discs, fractured vertebrae, and also a variety of debilitating injuries, which can be very painful.
- Broken bones: A slip and fall accident often results in breaking bones. A victim of broken bones in the lower legs, rib cage, shoulder, and arms had to go for long-term treatment, and also it took a long time to recover.
- Facial Injuries: A fall by hitting the face on the surface may result in fatal injuries. It includes fractures in the nose and jaws, eye injuries, and severe cuts. Sometimes this kind of injury turns out to be very serious and painful, resulting in life risk.
You must know the conditions that can lead to slip and fall injury. If you ever face such a situation, firstly, you must provide yourself or the victim with first aid. If the injury is very serious, you must not delay much to visit the nearby hospital or the medical clinic.